Microdiscectomy Recovery Week 7 Back to Work

>>  Saturday, March 24, 2012

Towards the end of week 6 I was starting to feel like my recovery had slowed, I was though in a good routine of rest and walking.  But all good things must come to an end.

I'm not sure if it was the drive to the airport, sitting for a long time whilst I had my hair cut or just that I had speeded up my walking a bit but all of a sudden I was floored with dreadful pain again and just 2 days before I was due to be back at work.

Much of the blurb you read suggests going back to work as early as 2 weeks after the op, I didn't feel I was able to ask for more time off after 6 but I did have the option to work from home which I did.

I stopped walking for a few days and just worked. Sitting (even on my kneeling chair) for such long periods was hard and I was taking nurofen (ibruprofen) again.  This gave me a really sore stomach and I got through a bottle of gaviscon too.  I stopped taking pain killers, went back to ice packs and took some Lansoprazole to ease the stomach pain.  I've been mentally tired but physically missing my walking and it's put me back a couple of weeks again really.

I really wish I'd had the bravery to say I need to stay off for a bit longer.

By the end of the week my leg had eased off a bit and I started walking again but only about 4km not the usual 6 and I haven't been able to get out to the local shops either because of working. 

I had also driven my daughter twice this week a short distance and that caused my leg to start hurting again, so really I'm no further forward. 



I have created a page of links for my Microdiscectomy posts and other links I have found helpful. You can find it here. PLEASE FOLLOW THE MEDICAL ADVICE OF YOUR DOCTOR. WE ARE NOT ALL THE SAME.

0 comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP