Microdiscectomy Recovery weeks 5 and 6

>>  Sunday, March 18, 2012

Things are definitely better than they were but  I am still very tired, I thought I would have got over the tiredness by now but some days I'm really struggling.
I have been clothes shopping with my daughter (got a lift in to town and caught bus back) and survived, tired and a leg ache but better than I expected.  I did go easy though, walked slow, she carried all the bags and I did no bending. 

I drove for about 35 minutes there and back this week to do an airport drop off and again had leg pain afterwards and all the following day but I wasn't as sore as I expected, although sore enough to be note worthy.

Standing still makes me hurt, both my back and leg and very quickly.  Queuing in a shop is hard and uncomfortable.

I can carry a little more weight now, lifting the washing powder box doesn't make me wince now, but it's still important not to pick up anything too heavy.  Anything more than 4 pints of milk is an issue still, I feel it pull.

I am still walking 3 miles (5.75km) a day and I am definitely walking a bit faster now, it takes about 70 minutes.  The increased speed might explain why I'm starting to get sore again and I think I probably need to slow down a bit.

I have been wondering about starting some core exercises but I think I'm going to wait a little longer.

I'm starting work again on Monday, that will be post op day 40.  I'm going to work from home because I have my kneeling chair, I'm just not ready to sit in an office style chair for 7 hours.  Working from home also means I won't have an hours driving tagged onto the sitting.  I'll let you know how it goes.

I feel like the healing progress I was making has ground to a halt again and I've been the same for over a week, I really want to see the end of the leg pain I get after exerting myself a little.  Like calf ache after driving, or general leg ache after sitting for 30 minutes.  This is sciatica light, but it is still not what I want.  I have also been back on ibuprofen on and off this week so it is definitely still an issue.

This is a slow healing process and I am too impatient for it!





I have created a page of links for my Microdiscectomy posts and other links I have found helpful. You can find it here.


PLEASE FOLLOW THE MEDICAL ADVICE OF YOUR DOCTOR.
WE ARE NOT ALL THE SAME.



0 comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP