What was I thinking?

>>  Sunday, August 02, 2009

This post by Tawny reminded me of something today.

I have a long and littered history of getting it wrong but a mummy corker sticks out in my mind.

At a Dinosaur park in Tenby my 3 year old daughter was having a great time running from life like model to model looking at them. There was a pterodactyls in the trees that she was a little worried about running underneath, as she pick up the courage I decided that it would be a good idea to creep up behind her and roar loudly - OK WHAT WAS I ON?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She sobbed and sobbed, my husband gave me the "I can't believe you did that" speech and the good feel of the day was rather spoilt.

So you would have thought I'd learnt my lesson....

Move on 4 years to the Natural History Museum, ooooodles of life like dinosaurs and the biggest T-rex - yep - I creep up behind daughter and "ROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR" - yep - she jumped out of her skin, my husband gave me the "I can't believe you did that" speech and we had to go to a different exhibition - no more dinosaurs that day.

So you would have thought I'd learnt my lesson....

Move the clock on 3 years and we are at an old gun battery, fascinating for me and my hubby but a little more difficult for a 10 year old girl to be engaged by it. I start to tell her dramatic stories of machine guns, German soldiers, hand grenades and she is having a ball in the drama of it all and is very engaged until she is engrossed in one area - yep you guessed it -I creep up behind her and yell BANG.....oh dear....she jumped out of her skin, my husband gave me the "I can't believe you did that" speech .....actually she is that bit older now and she did get over it and it didn't spoil the day but tell me, when will I learn

..."it isn't big and it isn't funny"!!!! So why am I laughing!

2 comments :

Kate 4:31 am  

I'm laughing along with you. It's totally something my husband would do!

PippaD 10:21 pm  

Top Ender wanted to know what I was laughing at earlier and when I told her she told me that she is going to do the same to her children in the future!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP